Are you a Cardiff University student who’s interested in working with us? We’re always on the lookout for enthusiastic students who can make a difference to what we do. In fact, you can see on our website that Cardiff University Press aims to support the professionalisation of Cardiff University students by connecting them to our editorial teams who can offer work experience.
In other words, we give students the chance to work alongside some of our editors to create and publish academic outputs, so that they can learn transferable skills and improve their employability for their future careers. If you have an ambition to work in academia and/or in publishing, this is a great place to start acquiring the necessary knowledge. You can plan the work around your studies, and in most cases it can be done remotely, without the need to stay on campus.
Here are some of the ways that students can get involved:
- Copy editing or proof reading of newly-submitted papers
- Editing/co-editing student-led journals
- Writing and submitting book reviews and conference reviews for publication
- Writing and submitting papers for publication
- Helping to design and lay out new journal issues and working papers
- Maintaining web pages on external sites of our publications
- Uploading back issues to the official Cardiff University Press website, as needed
- Using social media to promote and raise awareness of our publications
- Contributing guest posts for this blog
- Serving as student representatives on the individual editorial panels of our publications
- Serving as student representatives on our Editorial Board
Interested? Watch this space! As we have recently had a lot of applications from students wanting to volunteer for the Press we are currently not taking any further details, but we may call on you again in the future! Thank you so much for your interest!