Happy New Year to all our readers and followers!
CardiffUP has continued to raise its profile and publish valuable original research outputs during 2021. The numerous challenges of the pandemic have often steered academics towards focusing more on teaching and less on research, but that didn’t prevent our hardworking journal editors from putting together this year’s high-quality volumes and issues. We’ve also launched a brand new journal and another is planned for next summer. The monograph publishing programme has been making very good progress, with another title published, two titles approved for publication and a further two in peer review by the end of 2021.
Here are some highlights of our last twelve months:
- In January, we completed our Annual Report and Future Vision document (copies available on request), looking back on the successes of 2019-20 and forward to what CardiffUP could potentially achieve in the next five years.
- Also in January, we decided to renew our Partner Press Agreement with online hosting platform provider Ubiquity Press for another three years.
- In February, we welcomed Claire Gorrara as a new member of the CardiffUP Editorial Board.
- In March, Cardiff University submitted its chosen publications for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 assessment, five of which had been published by CardiffUP.
- In April, the British Student Doctor Journal published its much-anticipated LGBTQ+ special issue. This guest post outlines the background to the issue.
- In June, we approved a new journal for publication, the forthcoming Journal of Ammonia Energy (JAE).
- In August, we published our sixth monograph, Educators of Healthcare Professionals: Agreeing a Shared Purpose by Julie Browne et al. Read more about the monograph in this guest post.
- In September, we approved two more monographs for publication in 2022.
- In October, we launched the student-led journal Intersectional Perspectives: Identity, Culture, and Society (IPICS), increasing our journal portfolio to 12 titles. Find out more about IPICS in this post.
- In November and early December, we redesigned the home page of our website, making it easier for everyone to keep track of the latest CardiffUP developments.
We look forward to publishing more monographs and journal articles in the coming year. If you’re interested in submitting your work for possible publication with us, please read the submission guidelines on our website and contact us with any queries you may have.